The Great Stash Dash

the blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Cool Cotton

I have 'stashed down' a bit, completing a top with cotton I bought in the 90s. I originally bought Patons Stonewash Cotton to make a cabled top to replace a bought top I had worn to death, but I never completed it because at the time I began I didn't like knitting with the cotton and although I was going to finally finish the pattern I decide that cabled 8ply would probably be too hot for an Australian summer anyway. I saw a Sian Brown pattern for a nautically inspired top in Knit Today and I loved the simple shaping. I only had navy cotton but I swapped a ball of kid mohair for a ball of white so I've ended up with a top which is very like the original pattern which is very unusual for me. Here's the result:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...